Dr. Jim A. Johnson
Dr. Johnson received his Doctor of Optometry degree from Northeastern State University College of Optometry (NSUCO) in 1991. He also received his Bachelor of Vision Science degree from NSUCO in 1989. Dr. Johnson is a graduate of Kansas State University with a B.A. degree in Interior Architecture. Dr. Johnson started his practice in 1991 and has optometric licenses in Kansas and Oklahoma, is a member of the Kansas Optometric Association and the American Optometric Association. He is married to Paula who is a pharmacist and they have two sons in the medical field. Eric is a trauma surgeon in Brooklyn, New York and Brian is a pharmacist in Orlando, Florida. Dr. Johnson enjoys playing golf and traveling throughout the United States and many foreign countries with his family.
Awards and Recognition
- Initial Optometric Recognition Award for education requirements by the American Optometric Association (3 year requirement of 50 continuing education hours per year)
- Optometric Recognition Award for educational requirements for 1995-present by the American Optometric Association. Dr. Johnson has received the award every year since being in practice which no other Kansas Optometrist has done.
- Practice management project grant sponsored by Bausch & Lomb and Northeastern State University College of Optometry.
- Dr. Johnson has participated in contact lens research sponsored by Bausch & Lomb.
- Completed twenty-four hour advanced course in "Managing the activities Glaucomas", as required by the Kansas Board of Examiners in Optometry to co-manage glaucoma.
- Internship in primary eyecare with Bowman Ophthalmology Eye Clinic, Tahlequah, OK.
Optometrist, currently working in Salina, Kansas. Scope of practice includes performing pre and post-operative exams for lasik and refractive surgery patients. Perform general eye exams, contact lens exams, treat eye infections and eye injuries, fit contact lenses, and co-manage cataract patients (1991 to present).
Judy K. Gooden
Judy has been with the practice since 2006. Judy works in the front office/reception and insurance areas. Judy worked for Duffens Optical for 33 years prior to them closing their lab in Salina.
Cindy joined the practice in 2014 with over 10 years of experience. Cindy works in the pretesting and optical dispensary areas. She enjoys scrapbooking, gardening and exercising.